What is Love Holt?
- Love Holt is the trading name for Holt and District Chamber of Trade and Commerce
- Love Holt helps the town communicate internally with each other, and externally to those visiting the town
- Love Holt campaigns on key topics and seeks grants and funding to carry out positive change
- Love Holt offers a free-to-join loyalty card for visitors to the town offering monthly information about what’s great to do plus fantastic perks at locations across the town
- Love Holt supports many initiatives within the town, helping Holt become a dynamic, unique, independent, authentic, and attractive destination for everyone
- Love Holt is self-funded via a traders’ membership scheme and visitors’ kind donations
History of Holt
Holt is a traditional market town with a history that stretches back to Roman times and possibly to even earlier settlements. Situated near the coast with access to trading ports and in an area that was known for its farming, Holt’s prosperity garnered a mention in the Domesday Book of 1086. A great fire destroyed the majority of the town in 1708. Attractive Georgian buildings made of brick and the local materials of stone and flint replaced the previous wooden structures.
There are 118 listed buildings in the town and its architecture continues to be admired by both residents and visitors. The independent shops, the range of restaurants and accommodation make the town a great place to spend some time. Holt is surrounded by picturesque countryside with numerous footpaths within the parish boundary as well as the 14-acre park known as Spout Hills, located near the Market Place.
With its variety of retail outlets and services and annual line-up of cultural festivals and events, Holt is a town that is thriving today whilst maintaining its links with its beautiful and storied past.
Join Love Holt
Join Love Holt now for instant access to perks, a monthly ‘what’s on’ email and updates on exclusive member benefits. It’s free to join and receive a digital card, or, for a small £2.50 charge, you can get a superb, limited-edition physical card.